Jaisalmer nicknamed “The Golden city”, is a city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. The town stands on a ridge of yellowish sandstone, crowned by a fort, which contains the palace and several ornate Jain temples. This issue I am presenting a very authentic meat curry from jaisalmer –Safed maas where meat is boiled and cooked with masalas, almond-cashew paste and a generous helping of cream, milk and curd.
- 200 gm Mutton
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cardamom
- 4 Tbsp of onion paste
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp almond-cashew nut paste
- 2 tsp yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp cream
- Salt to taste
- Grind together onions to a fine paste. Add salt.
- Blanch almonds and cashew nuts. Grind them to make a smooth paste.
- Partially boil the meat and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cinnamon, cumin seeds and cardamom.
- Cook till the cumin seeds start crackling.
- Then add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, salt, semi boiled meat, almond and cashew nut paste, curd, milk and cream.Mix well.
- Garnish with cream and coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
Chef Vipul, a Professional in Industry with over 11 years of experience in India and Abroad, specializes in South East Asian and Modern Continental Cuisine. Currently, he is inspiring and nurturing young chefs as a Chef Trainer at IHM PUSA New Delhi.