A vegetable stew
Manipuri cuisine is simple, tasty, organic and healthy. Dishes are typically spicy that use chili pepper rather than garam masala hence healthy and organic. Most of the cuisines don’t use oil as its ingredients.
Kangsoi is a authentic Manipuri dish. This dish is a must have in celebration times, especially at New Year eve. It’s a kind of a stew, easy to make, very healthy and ready in jiffy.
- 1.5 Ltr Water
- 1 No Onion In Rings
- 100 gm Chopped Spring Onion
- 50 gm Chopped Coriander
- 1/3 Of A Medium Sized Cabbage
- 5 Florets Cauliflower
- 50 gm French Beans chopped
- 80 gms Button Mushroom sliced
- Salt To Taste
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Ginger Leaf
- 1 Thumb Size Ginger
- 1 no Tomato
- 2 no snow peas
- 2 Tsp Ferment Soya Beans
- Boil water and onion rings to which you should add sliced ginger, fermented soya beans, all the vegetables except tomato and ginger leaves and salt to taste.
- Cook on low flame for a while. Add tomato, ginger leaves and coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or have just as a soup.
- You can add fermented fish and roasted fish too then drop the fermented soya beans
Chef Vipul, a Professional in Industry with over 11 years of experience in India and Abroad, specializes in South East Asian and Modern Continental Cuisine. Currently, he is inspiring and nurturing young chefs as a Chef Trainer at IHM PUSA New Delhi.